Thrift Store is accepting contactless donations from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
We offer gently used items including clothing, household goods, antiques, furniture and accessories. Thrift Store is an ultra-clean, friendly place to shop. You never know what you’ll find!
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers:
Why are you only accepting donations 4 days a week?
It’s a combination of limited manpower and limited space to process everything. We also are adjusting to the Illinois minimum wage increase, meaning we can’t afford to increase the store’s staffing levels as much as we would like.
Do you need volunteers at the store?
Yes! If you would like to volunteer, start here.
The store doesn’t always look full. Does that mean donations are down?
Not at all. What it means is that our limited crew is spending most of its time getting donations from the receiving bay to the processing or recycling area. Which, in turn, leaves less time to process and tag items, and place them for sale in the store. We’ll catch up, but it’s taking time.
Thrift Store asks our donors to do the following to ensure safe contactless donations:
- Place your bagged or contained donations in your trunk or hatch
- Drive around to the back side of Thrift Store put your vehicle in park and pop your trunk.
- A friendly associate or volunteer will come out and remove your donation!
- Be sure to crack your window so we can gather your information and mail you a receipt for your donation.
- If you have more donations than what can fit in your trunk, please place them in your backseat. After we remove items from your trunk please pull into one of the parking spaces, place the remaining donations in your trunk and drive back through the donation drive thru.
The Mission’s retail stores generate 16.3% of our general operating budget, which helps sustain our life-changing programs.
Thrift Store provides a low-cost shopping option for the community, and also helps meet the needs of our guests and residents at Rockford Rescue Mission. All Thrift Store proceeds directly benefit the Mission. As a result of the nearly 20,000 cars that pass through our donation drive-thru annually, we are able to fully stock our store as well as send excess clothing to those in need around the world.